Skirt steak is wonderful in a steak and kidney casserole; however did you know that Galloway Skirt Steak can also be grilled?
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbl Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) dry red wine
- 1tbs chopped thyme leaves
- 1kg piece of skirt steak
- 100ml thin cream
- 250gm gorgonzola dolce
- 1tsp horseradish cream
- 1tbs chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Roast vegetables (such as potato and tomato) or rocket salad, to serve.
- Combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, wine and thyme in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the beef and toss to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbeque over medium-high heat.
- When hot, cook the steak for 4-5 minutes each side for medium-rare (skirt steak can become tough if overcooked).
- Remove from chargrill and cover loosely with foil, then set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Place cream, cheese and horseradish cream in a pan over low heat and stir until cheese just melts. Stir in parsley.
- Slice beef across the grain into 1cm thick slices. Serve with sauce and roast vegetables or salad.